Seminar in Management:
1. What factors should be considered in strategic planning? (differentiate here between process and content)
2. Who should initiate the strategic planning process?
3. Assuming it is management’s responsibility to develop strategy, consider the following:
a. What role should the Board then have?
b. How should the strategy be presented to the board?
4. Are strategy, vision and purpose part of the same process, or is strategy a means to a vision or purpose (ends)?
a. If these are a means to an end, are they devised by the same governing body, or are they divided between the board and management?
5. How should different planning horizons be handled?
Return to Professor Dunn's home page.